Winter term 2017/2018
- Time: Tuesdays (11:15–12:45 am), Thursdays (11:15–12:45 Uhr)
- Location: Mathematikon INF205, Seminar Room 5
SyllabusAmongst others, the course will cover these topics:
- Asymptotics of Mamximum Likelihood Estimators
- Test Theory: Likelihood-Ratio-Test, Wald-Test, Score-Test
- Local Asymptotic Normality (LAN)
- Asymptotic Efficiency of Tests
- A. W. van der Vaart: Asymtptotic Statistics, Cambridge University Press
Registration for exercise groupsYou can sign up for an exercise group with MÜSLI. In case of problems please contact Alexander Kreiß.
Exercise groupsThe exercise classes will be tutored by Joseph Meyer, they will be held every
- Wednesday, 9am - 11am in Seminar Room 10, Mathematikon,
- Friday, 2pm - 4pm in Seminar Room 2, Mathematikon.
Homework AssignmentsExercise sheets will be made available here for download every Friday. Please submit your solutions one week later (on Friday) by 1pm into the letter box number 33 (in the first floor). Your achieved marks will count for exam admission.
- Homework Assignment 0 (voluntary)
- Homework Assignment 1
- Homework Assignment 2
- Homework Assignment 3
- Homework Assignment 4
- Homework Assignment 5
Lecture NotesThe lecture notes are here available for download. The credentials for the login are provided during the lectures and exercise classes.
In order to take the exam you have to achieve at least 50% of the achievable points of the homework assignments.
Your final grade for this course corresponds to your exam result.
First Exam: 6th February 2018
Second Exam: 12th April 2018
It is not allowed to bring any items or texts to the exam. In particular you may not use calculators, lecture notes or any other hand or machine written material.